Thursday, August 14, 2008

Journal Entry Mon. 7/7/08

Yesterday we went to church a little down the road from our house. Way different from any church I've been to. Lots of singing and clapping and dancing. Two old ladies were walking around and shouting things and one of them brought her own olive oil and had everyone blessed. I was announced in front of th hle church and they prayed for me. About 2 1/2 hours, but it wasn't too bad. After church I played football with Ben. He's way better than me but somehow I managed to beat him. Maybe his tree "defender" was slacking. We also raced down our street, about 100 meters and he barely won. he told me that he underestimated me and wouldn't do so again! he is always making me laugh!
for some reason no one really eats with me. I don't think I have ever seen Uncle los or Auntie Tina eat! And Ben has his own food schedule I guess and Fafa doesn't really like to eat much. I will have to get them to all eat together when I make gnocchi!
Today was our first day at the orphanage. As usual there were a bunch of late people. And we were late coming back too. The kids at the orphanage are aorable! My group taught in the school today. The teacher just gave us some books and told us, "Teach." So we just had to wing it! She would leave and order in the class would slowly disintigrate! I ended up resorting to Simon Says which amazingly worked......for awhile. After, we learned some African dance which was cool. Bada Bada Beh, Be be Bede be. Only about 1/2 of us did it though. The other half was chicken and took photos and videos. When I got back to the road to our house I got to go online for 1/2 an hour and check my email and Facebook and Myspace real quick which was nice! Ben and I went running afterward which was nice to finally get some exercise. I could tell we were getting looks from people, but it felt really good. I think we get along really well and are always teasing each other. The other day he chased me around the yard with dog poop! he threatened to do it again today and I told him I would attack him in his sleep with snakes. Also,
I finally tried Fufu today! It wasn't exactly what I expected but it was good! Really squishy, sticks to your mouth, not much of a describable flavor, but it was good and really filling.

No comments: